Floral Art School of Australia and International Floral Design School Advanced Certificate of Floristry Course
Day and Evening Floristry Classes
There is a large floristry manual available for each term that enrolled students can purchase. The first term has over 260 pages. Each floristry manual is very informative with step by step instructions for each practical lesson and hundreds of tips and techniques that are not readily available elsewhere.
The First Term Floristry Manual Includes
• The names of flower and foliage and the seasons they are available.
• How to condition them for the longest possible life.
• Special treatment for certain varieties
• The basic rules and design principles used in flower arranging including proportion and balance, harmony, texture and colour co-ordination.
• The various styles of flower arrangements – vertical, circular, triangular, horizontal, crescent, mass and modern designs.
• Different flower shapes and where to position them in a design.
• Floristry techniques for different designs.
• How to wire and tape flowers and foliage.
• How to make bows and streamers.
• Florist accessories – you will be working with the same type of bowls, baskets, bases, boxes, florist foam, cellophane, bouquet holders, wire, floral tape and ribbons that florists use.
• Professional tips with flowers.
The Second Term Floristry Manual Includes
• The history of flower arranging.
• Choosing a career in floristry.
• How to apply for a full or part-time position in a florist shop.
• How to start up your own successful florist shop.
• How to start a home a home -based florist business.
• Buying flowers from the market, growers and wholesalers.
• Overheads, turnover and profits.
• How to cost cut flowers, make up work and elaborate designs.
• Promotions. How to create wonderful floral designs for Mothers’ day, St Valentine’s day, Christmas, Easter, personal assistant’s day and other special occasions.
• How to photograph your designs and make an attractive floristry presentation display album
•Learning about the floristry industry.
Whether you are interested in the floristry course for a career or hobby, for pleasure or for profit I’m sure you will find the second term interesting..
The Third Term Floristry Manual Includes
• Wedding flowers and flowers for special events.
• The history of weddings.
• The floral calendar
• Royal weddings.
• Wedding customs.
• Different styles of wedding bouquets.
• Flowers for the hair.
• Wristlet flowers.
• Buttonholes for the bridegroom and groomsmen.
• Decorating the wedding cake with flowers.
• Pew decorations.
• Throw-away bouquet.
• Flowers for the Church.
• Flowers for the wedding reception.
• How to preserve the wedding bouquet.
• Flowers for special events.
Advanced Certificate of Floristry
On successful completion of the course you will receive the
Floral Art School of Australia and International Floral Design School
Advanced Certificate of Floristry.
We all like to be recognized for our efforts.
You can be very proud of this achievement.