Floral Art School of Australia and International Floral Design School
There are Three Terms in the Floristry Course and each term has 10 practical lessons.
Floristry Manual – The floristry course includes a large floristry manual for each term with the practical lessons set out in simple easy to follow step-by-step instructions.
Online Videos – You will receive online video lessons showing each practical lesson being made step by step. You will see each design being made using a variety of different flowers and colours. It will be just like being in the floristry class room.
Each lesson is explained in detail and you will learn the basic rules of balance and proportion in flower arranging. You will see wiring and taping, making ribbon bows, positioning flowers and foliage and finishing touches for each design.
Floristry Materials – The course includes the floristry materials for the practical lessons such as bowls, baskets, gift boxes, foam, cellophane, ribbon, wire and tape.
The First Term Floristry Manual Includes
• Lesson 2 – Flower Basket.
• Lesson 3 – Victorian Posy.
• Lesson 4 – European Floral Design.
• Lesson 5 – Triangular Bowl Arrangement.
• Lesson 6 – Wreath.
• Lesson 7 – Presentation Sheaf. Lesson
• Lesson 8 – Modern Floral Design.
• Lesson 9 – Horizontal Centrepiece.
• Lesson 10 – Bridal Bouquet.
The Ten Practical Floristry Lessons in the Second Term Are:
• Lesson 12 – Flower and Fruit Basket.
• Lesson 13 – Bridal Trailer.
• Lesson 14 – Topiary Tree.
• Lesson 15 – Funeral Cross.
• Lesson 16 – Flowers Arranged in a Vase.
• Lesson 17 – Rose Arrangement with a Soft Toy.
• Lesson 18 – Presentation Box of Flowers.
• Lesson 19 – Modern Line Arrangement.
• Lesson 20 – Casket Sheaf.
The Ten Practical Floristry Lessons in the Third Term Are:
• Lesson 22 – Picture Card Arrangement.
• Lesson 23 – Gift Posy.
• Lesson 24 – Cylinder of Flowers.
• Lesson 25 – Flower Circlet and Boutonniere.
• Lesson 26 – Parallel Garden Arrangement.
• Lesson 27 – Contemporary Style Arrangement.
• Lesson 28 – Spray Posy.
• Lesson 29 – Modern Line Bouquet.
• Lesson 30 – Cascade Bouquet.
Floristry Materials Are Supplied.
We provide the floristry materials for each term such as bowls, baskets, corsage and presentation boxes, florist foam, bowls, bases, ribbon, cellophane, bouquet holders, cards, floral tape and wire.
Fresh flowers are not included with the materials, as you would appreciate, these would not last. You don’t need to use expensive flowers for your lessons, the positioning is the important thing. Flowers such as carnations and chrysanthemums are ideal to use when you are learning. These flowers last well and are easy to handle. You can often buy flowers at a weekend market at a good price. Different varieties of flowers and foliage that grow in the garden can also be used for your lessons.
If you prefer you can use silk flowers and foliage for your lessons so you will have a permanent sample for each design. We include a silk flower and foliage price list and order form with the First Term.