Floral Art School of Australia and International Floral Design School
The First Term Floristry Manual Includes
• The names of flower and foliage and the seasons they are available.
• How to condition flowers and foliage for the longest possible life.
• Special treatment for certain varieties of flowers.
• The basic rules and design principles used in flower arranging including proportion and balance, harmony, texture and colour co-ordination.
• The various styles of flower arrangements – including traditional and modern floral designs. Vertical, circular, triangular, horizontal, and crescent.
• Different flower shapes and sizes and where to position them in a design.
• Floristry techniques for different designs.
• How to wire and tape flowers and foliage.
• How to make bows and streamers.
• Florist accessories – bowls, baskets, bases, boxes, florist foam, cellophane, bouquet holders, ribbon, wire and floral tape
• Professional tips with flowers.
The Second Term Floristry Manual Includes
• The history of flower arranging.
• Choosing a career in floristry.
• How to apply for a full or part-time position in a florist shop.
• How to start up your own successful florist shop or a florist business from home.
• Buying flowers from the market, growers and wholesalers.
• Overheads, turnover and profits.
• How to cost cut flowers, make up work and elaborate designs.
• Promotions. The secrets to success.
• How to create special floral designs for Mothers Day, St Valentine’s Day, Christmas, Easter, Personal Assistant’s Day and other occasions.
• How to photograph your designs and make an attractive floristry presentation display album. This will be helpful if you wish to pursue a career in floristry or for your own personal enjoyment.
Whether you are interested in the floristry course as a career or a hobby I am sure you will find the second term interesting.
The Third Term Floristry Manual Includes
• Wedding flowers and flowers for special events.
• The history of weddings.
• The floral calendar.
• Royal weddings.
• Wedding customs.
• Different styles of wedding bouquets
• Flowers for the hair.
• Wristlet flowers.
• Buttonholes for the bridegroom and groomsmen.
• Decorate the wedding cake with flowers.
• Flowers for the bridal table.
• Pew decorations.
• Flower garland.
• Throw-away bouquet.
• Flowers for the Church.
• Flowers for the wedding reception.
• How to preserve the wedding bouquet to enable the bride
to have a lasting memento of her special day.
• Table centrepieces and party designs.
• Flowers for special occasions.